“With candidates including existing Ward Council and Local Board members, a former All Black, a Grey Power Branch President, and a strong young voice from Auckland’s Indian community, the City Vision and Roskill Community Voice candidates selected this weekend, are the strongest teams we have ever fielded in our communities”, says local campaign organiser Michael Wood, speaking after two City Vision candidates were selected to stand for the Albert-Eden-Roskill ward, and six Roskill Community Voice candidates were selected to stand for the Puketapapa Local Board, at the weekend.
“Our talented candidates are as follows:
City Vision candidates for Governing Body in Albert-Eden-Roskill Ward:
- Dr Cathy Casey, current Albert-Eden-Roskill Ward Councillor
- Dr Peter Haynes, current Chair of the Albert-Eden Local Board
Roskill Community Voice candidates for Puketapapa Local Board:
- Anne-Marie Coury, President Auckland Branch of Grey Power
- Harry Doig, current Puketapapa Local Board member
- Julie Fairey, current Chair of the Puketapapa Local Board
- David Holm, current Puketapapa Local Board member
- Shail Kaushal, recent graduate and Citizens Advice Bureau volunteer
- Ofisa ‘Junior’ Tonu’u, former All Black and local youth zone manager
“We are focussed on being a strong community voice for the people of Albert-Eden-Roskill and Puketapapa. Our candidates are grounded in the local community and will stand up for the things that matter to local people – better public transport, affordable housing options, care for our environment, and a Council that starts listening to communities instead of dictating from top-down”
“Representing our communities is a privilege we expect to earn. Our candidates will be working hard from now right through to the local government election in October to listen to our communities and win their support. Our communities deserve a strong community voice”, says Michael Wood.