Our families deserve an environment in which social harms are reduced. We have advocated fearlessly on behalf of our community and will continue to push for a safe and healthy community environment.
- We will launch a drive towards making Mt Roskill/Puketapapa Auckland’s first pokie-free community.
- Building on the success of smokefree playgrounds we commit to delivering smokefree parks in Puketapapa/Mt Roskill over the next three year term.
- We support a sinking-lid approach to the number of off-license liquor stores in our community and more effective controls to prevent abuse of the rules.
- Work to build relationships with Pacific and Maori wardens to develop a presence in Roskill.
- Tackling graffiti by ensuring that it is removed immediately, and prevented by the installation of high quality anti-graffiti murals. Work with local community on mural design.
- Work to make Roskill a synthetic-cannabis free zone.
- We know that poverty and inequality are the root cause of many issues in our community. We will work to ensure that all of our people receive a fair go through policies such as the Living Wage and provision of good quality affordable and social housing.