work in this area as the Board’s Parks and Open Spaces Portfolio-holder. He has also been a keen rat and possum trapper along the foreshore over the past eight years.
- Overseeing extensions to the track network at Waikowhai, Hillsborough Cemetery, and Cape Horn.
- Leading the project to develop a new coastal walkway linking Onehunga to Taylors Bay.
- Developing a community-led vision for the Foreshore to guide our priorities in the years to come.
- Securing a ten year funding programme to control weeds along the coastal reserves, now in action.
- Pushing for the development of the new walkway through Lynfield Reserve (under construction).
- Taking action to protect and preserve the historic Waikowhai changing sheds.
- Launching the campaign to Bury the Pylons that blight our Foreshore and neighbourhoods.
In the next term we want to build on this work, and in particular we are keen to help support the newly formed Waikowhai Forest Restoration Network, and to make further progress on completing the track network, including the provision of useful, integrated signage, and appropriate facilities.